More than 3,000 civic-minded leaders have participated in an SCLN fellowship, gaining the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to make a real impact on long-term and trending issues central to California’s future.
- A new perspective, transforming how fellows do business and think about problems facing California
- Unique professional and personal development, beyond theory and academics
- Inspiration for personal action and change, at work and within the community
- Upclose exposure to community issues and assets, with a pathway to get involved and help drive change
- Expansion of creativity and confidence by getting fellows outside their intellectual silos
- Building strong networks with other leaders dedicated to L.A., Southern California and our State
More than 3,000 civic minded leaders have participated in an SCLN fellowship, gaining the knowledge, skills and connections necessary to make a real impact on long term and trending issues central to California’s future.
SCLN offers four exclusive fellowships that prepare participants for greater involvement and influence as civic and community leaders. Through a combination of boots on the ground experience and intensive classrooms learning, fellows are given unparalleled access to government, business and community leaders, including frank, closed doors conversations about current challenges and strategies for long term impact.
SCLN cohort based fellowships are eight to nine months and designed for working professionals from across sectors. Fellows participating in SCLN fellowships come from all walks of life, reflecting the cultural, ethnic, gender, age and geographic diversity of California.
Tuition costs vary among the fellowships and assistance in the form of partial scholarships may be available for qualified applicants who show a demonstrated need for financial aid. Alumni of SCLN’s programs and members of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce receive a 10 percent discount on tuition.