WE INVITE YOUR ORGANIZATION TO APPLY TO BE A NONPROFIT PARTNER FOR THE RIORDAN LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The Riordan Leadership Institute (RLI) is a nine-month board training and matching fellowship that empowers and prepares diverse professionals for lifelong civic leadership as nonprofit board members. Unlike other board training programs, RLI also helps local nonprofit organizations build their capacity and connect with prospective board members who are drawn from the professional ranks of major businesses, have a strong history of community involvement, and are ready to make a commitment to serve on the board of a nonprofit organization.
In addition to classroom training, RLI fellows are paired with a local nonprofit partner for a six-month field experience to gain a better understanding of the nonprofit’s mission and the community it serves, as well as the strategic and tactical issues facing nonprofit boards.
Objectives & Benefits:
- Connect with prospective board members who are drawn from the professional ranks of major businesses and other community leaders
- Leverage the expertise and skills of a RLI fellow through a project-based field experience who will increase capacity and further the work of your board and organization
- Raise the visibility of your organization within the local community
- Access community of learning with other Nonprofit and Board members
- Increase and focus efforts towards innovation
- Invest in development of future leadership
The application period for this class of Nonprofit Partners is closed. Applications for the next class will be made available Summer 2019.